Our youth cycling team meets 2 times per week from May to August. We will meet at various locations throughout Kincardine on Monday and Wednesday evenings at 6:30pm. The ride schedule with meet up locations will be available well in advance. These rides are available for kids ages 8 and up. Kids need to have a proper mountain or cross bike with working gears and breaks and have the ability to ride the bike for several minutes at a time. Our rides are typically held on grassy fields or trails. We will teach skills with cones and man-made obstacles on the grass before progressing towards trail riding. Our group needs a minimum of 5 participants to run, but will always have a minimum of 2 coaches. As the group’s skill level progresses, we can split the group into 2. One coach continuing skill building drills while another coach takes a confident group for a trail ride.
· Always bring a water bottle
· Always bring a helmet
· Your bike must have working gears and breaks
· Be respectful to other riders and other trail users
· Be respectful to coaches
· Participate in all group activities
For our youth cycling team; weekly communication emails will be sent out informing parents and kids of the weekly schedule. We will also have a Facebook group available for parents to stay connected to each other and share experiences. All parents will have email access to Endura Performance’s Head coach.
Cancellations may happen due to poor weather conditions, lack of participants, or lack of coaches. The participants and parents will be notified of a cancelled practice at least 2 hours prior to the ride start time.
Our triathlon team meets weekly on Saturday mornings throughout the summer. We will meet at various locations throughout Toronto, typically Angus Glen Community Centre in Markham. The ride schedule with meet up locations will be available well in advance. These rides are available for cyclists and triathletes who have annual memberships of either Ontario Cycling or Triathlon Ontario and an Endura Performance annual membership.
You must have a bike in good working order with proper breaks and working gears. We will ride primarily on roads 1 or 2 abreast. Each cyclist is responsible for using proper hand turn signals and communications with other cyclists. Out group rides are not a race, a pace will be set for each ride and members are expected to work together in pace lines.
Cycling can be a dangerous activity. Endura Performance has developed this Risk Management Plan to document rider expectations to reduce risks associated with cycling activities. These policies are to be practiced by team members, and any permitted visiting riders as permitted by Ontario Cycling Association rules, during every activity. We are all responsible for making activities as safe as possible.
• While on rides, workouts, training sessions, or events, all athletes must adhere to and obey all trail use and rules of the road as per the Ontario Highway Traffic Act
• Each rider will conduct themselves in a responsible manner and retains liability for their own actions.
• Any participant should immediately advise the coach and other members of the activity should the member feel the group or individuals in the group are riding in an unsafe manner. The member should withdraw from the ride if they feel unsafe.
• All members of Endura Performance are responsible for bringing forward to the coach and/or leader any safety issues related to the routes used for training.
A helmet meeting the requirements of Sections 3 and 4 of Ontario Regulation 610, enacted under the Highway Traffic Act, must be worn while cycling during Endura Performance outdoor workouts, training sessions, and events.
• In addition to a cycling helmet, other protective equipment is strongly encouraged (e.g., gloves, eye wear).
• The Endura Performance will operate non-competitive events according to our established risk management policies and procedures which are designed to reduce the possibility of accidents.
• All participants will be informed that the ultimate responsibility for safety rests with the individuals.
• All riders will be taught and expected to use correct hand signals to communicate with other riders and drivers.
• All riders will be taught and expected to ride in straight lines and be respectful of the riders behind them.
• A Coach will be appointed for each activity.
• The Coach will describe the training segment and workout, and may provide a brief safety tip at the commencement of the ride.
• The Coach has the final decision on all matters pertaining to the training session and their decisions must be respected by all participants.
• The Coach will carry a cell phone for emergency use on all training sessions should an athlete need to communicate immediately with the coach. Riders should immediately call 911 in the event of an emergency.
• Coaches have been provided with guidance and direction on their roles and responsibilities.
Training sessions will be planned to use lesser-traveled roads where possible and practical.
• Athletes are responsible for ensuring that their bicycle is in good working order before attending each training session.
• Front and rear lights are required during any ride which takes place one half hour before sunset and/or which may extend into darkness.
• Members are responsible for bringing sufficient liquids and food, as required, for each session, as well as appropriate tools/ spare tubes, etc.
• Members are expected to not be under the influence of alcohol or any drug that could impair their riding ability and judgment while on a training session. Members displaying impaired ability or judgment will be asked not to join or to leave the ride by the Coach.
• Rides will be modified or cancelled if there is an Extreme Weather Alert, such as lightning or heat. An e-mail will be sent out no later than 2 hours before the ride start and details will be posted on social media and on the website homepage.
• Any and every accident on an Endura Performance activity shall be reported as soon as possible to the Coach who has been provided with an emergency action plan.
• The Ride Coordinator and Coach will submit a report using the procedures and forms provided by the Ontario Cycling Association.
• Accident reports will be maintained on record by Endura Performance for seven (7) years.
COVID 19 Protocols
• All government guidelines will be respected.
• If you are feeling unwell, please stay home.
Copyright © 2022 Endura Performance inc. - All Rights Reserved.